Dear Central Life Family,
I hope this letter finds you well. By the grace of God and the generosity of all who call Central Life home, 2017 has already been an amazing year. Over 50 people have stepped into new life with Jesus and are experiencing the joy that flows from intimacy with Him. This is our greatest aim and reward.
My prayer is that we never forget the great grace and favor that has been placed on our house. Jesus is building His Church and He is using every one of us. Every individual, every family, every Dream Teamer, every giver, every person who prays: all of us are contributing and God is blessing it. Thank you for being a part.
God has given us the opportunity to do even more. On Sunday, December 17, we will all bring an offering over and above our regular giving to make the most of the God opportunities in our future. This is an annual practice of ours called "My Best Gift". It is an offering given not out of need but out of opportunity. It allows us to express our gratitude to God for His incredible blessings to us and allows us to expand the mission, vision, and reach of our church.
This offering focuses on 4 lanes:
1. Church Planting. We have a fantastic partner called the Association of Related Churches. (ARC) They have successfully planted over 700 churches in 15 years. This is a tremendous accomplishment and we are excited to continue our partnership with them to plant life giving churches across America.
2. Strategic Partners. We believe every person deserves the opportunity to hear the Gospel of Jesus at least once. My Best Gift allows us to gift our Strategic Partners around the world who have made incredible sacrifices to advance the gospel. We are planning to give them a Christmas to remember and a reminder that their efforts are not in vain.
3. Central Life Students & Kidz. I believe we'll all look back one day and say that the greatest investment we ever made was to train and equip young leaders to go change the world for Christ. This offering will provide much of the resources needed to build the right environments and events for our children in 2018.
4. Central Life Church. This offering accelerates the vision that we share here at Central Life-to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus. We are positioning to start new campuses and expand our territory. It will require much faith and sacrifice.
I'm sure you're as grateful as I am for all we're able to do, but we have an incredible opportunity to do even more. Our new collective goal for My Best Gift is $78,000. That is what our church family gave last year. So, that's our new goal. I promise to faithfully cast vision and allow you to set the pace.
I'll begin a series in November that will further unpack this vision and the practical lanes of generosity we are pursuing together. I'm asking you to begin praying now about how you will participate in My Best Gift. And as always, it's between you and the Lord. I trust Him for however He speaks to you. However, I am asking for you to ask God, "What should I do?"
As a reminder, there are two ways you can participate:
1. Bring your offering on Sunday, December 17 and give it in the service.
2. Give online using one of the buttons above.
Finally, the following verses sum up why, My Best Gift is our opportunity to do more...
"Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life."
1 Timothy 6:17-19 NLT
I love being your pastor!
Pastor Ryan Alonso